skin types respond negatively to detergents and other chemical based products. However, the damage starts generally beyond a defined threshold (or tolerance level). This tolerance level is very low for sensitive skin types, leading to skin getting damaged very easily and quickly. Sensitive skin care products either avoid the potential irritants or keep them at very low concentrations.enerally, all
Here are a few tips for sensitive skin care:
1. Use sensitive skin care products only (i.e. the products that are marked for sensitive skin care only). Also, check the instructions/ notes on the product to see if there are specific restrictions/warnings associated with the product).
2. Even within the range of sensitive skin care products, choose the one that has minimum preservatives, colourings and other additives
3. Do not use toners. Most of them are alcohol based and are not recommended for sensitive skin.
4. Wear protective gloves when doing laundry or other chemical based cleaning. If you are allergic to rubber, you can wear cotton gloves below the rubber ones.
5. Another important tip for ‘sensitive skin care’ is to avoid excessive exposure to sun. Apply sunscreen lotion before getting out in the sun.
6. Avoiding exposure to dust and other pollutants is also important for sensitive skin care. So, cover yourself adequately before going out.
7. Use hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic moisturizer as a sensitive skin care product (if there is none specifically labelled as a sensitive skin care product)
8. Use soap-free and alcohol free cleansers. Cleanse your face whenever you return from spending time out doors.
9. Do not scrub or exfoliate too hard. It can cause reddishness and even inflammation.
10. Do not leave the makeup on for too long. Use hypoallergenic makeup- removers.
So, sensitive skin care is very different from the normal skin care. Sensitive skin care is more about being careful with your skin (both in terms of sensitive skin care products and protection against environments atrocities on skin).
Hey there! You seem to be enjoying reading this article. We are delighted to know that our efforts in curating this article is paying dividends, as it appears to be helpful to you.
You probably would’ve have noticed that there are no annoying ads, pop-ups or banners to disturb you in your reading. This is because of our philosophy of creating a reader-centric website that allows our readers to peacefully their stay Fitness Spider.
If you liked our content, and agree with our philosophy, then please do consider supporting us. We depend on donations from our exceptional readers like you, but fewer than 5% give. If you donate just $3, or whatever you can, we can sustain the expenses required for running our website without ads. If you are an exceptional reader who has already donated, we sincerely thank you.
Fore more details on donation please visit here.