- You are training too hard – Every time when you train your muscles intensely, you are actually breaking down your muscles. So your muscles need to recover from the damages you inflicted on them. So train each muscle group only once or at most twice a week.
- You are training too long – Keep your workout intense but do not workout more than an hour each time. After 45 minutes of intensive training, your cortisol level will increase. This hormone is known to destroy muscle cells.
- You are sleeping too little – You need to sleep more for good muscle growth. Your muscles grow when you sleep. So sleep more than 8 hours a day and watch those muscles growing fast.
- You are abusing alcohol – Alcohol is known to break down muscle mass plus many other body destruction ability.
- You do not change your workout routine – You must change your workout routine every 6-8 weeks. Your muscles adapt to your routine and stops growing.
- You do not progressively overload your muscles – You must try to increase your reps or weight every time you next train a particular muscle group. Otherwise, there is no reason for your muscles to grow.
- You do not eat sufficient protein – If you want to build bigger muscles, you must eat more protein. Protein is the building block for your muscles. It is recommended that you need 1 gram of protein per pound of your body weight equivalent. If not enough protein is consumed with your normal diet, do supplement with protein shakes.
There you are, the 7 reasons why your muscles stopped growing even though you are training hard. There are many more methods on how to grow your muscles bigger but these 7 reasons and how to overcome them will be sufficient for an average bodybuilding beginner.
Hey there! You seem to be enjoying reading this article. We are delighted to know that our efforts in curating this article is paying dividends, as it appears to be helpful to you.
You probably would’ve have noticed that there are no annoying ads, pop-ups or banners to disturb you in your reading. This is because of our philosophy of creating a reader-centric website that allows our readers to peacefully their stay Fitness Spider.
If you liked our content, and agree with our philosophy, then please do consider supporting us. We depend on donations from our exceptional readers like you, but fewer than 5% give. If you donate just $3, or whatever you can, we can sustain the expenses required for running our website without ads. If you are an exceptional reader who has already donated, we sincerely thank you.
Fore more details on donation please visit here.