These tasty recipes for a warming, detoxifying ginger-turmeric tea, will thrilled you: after the holiday season, and it’s perfect companion for detoxing and healing!
1. Ginger Healing Detox Tea with Turmeric:
Once you taste it, you will be totally hooked: it’s delicious! Ginger and turmeric combine with citrus and maple syrup to make the perfect blend of healing nutrients. Below is the streamlined version of the recipe to make it ultra-easy, too:
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Bring water to a boil, then add powdered herbs. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Strain tea into a mug, add maple syrup and lemon, stirring to combine. Drink warm.
Makes 1 serving.
Drinking green tea may help you lose weight. According to clinical studies conducted by the University of Geneva in Switzerland, green tea raises metabolic rates and speeds up fat oxidation. Green tea is also a great immune-enhancing health-booster and anti-cancer agent, with flavonoids and polyphenols thought to inhibit tumor formation.
So here is the easy-to-make recipe for green tea, but this one tastes so good you’ll never guess how good it is for you! A great, healthy thirst-quencher for hot summer days.
- 6 green tea teabags
- 6 cups cold water
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
1. Place teabags in a large teapot or pitcher.
2. Put sliced peaches in a saucepan, add cold water, and bring to a brisk boil, then pour water and peaches over teabags.
3. Steep for 6 minutes, then add sweetener (maple syrup, honey or Succanat are recommended). Allow tea to cool, then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
4. Include a few peach slices in each glass and serve with a spoon, garnished with a sprig of mint, if you like.
Even Easier Alternative Method:
Make a pitcher of green tea and add the contents of a can of organic sliced peaches. Chill thoroughly.
Makes 6 servings.